16.11.07

The theory of everything?


The theory of everything article I read today made my head spin! If this theory is proven correct, it will be one of the greatest things in science. Don't get me wrong, I am fascinated by String Theory, but I like testing things, and String Theory, right now, is untestable, therefore go figure if it is applicable to our universe.
I've always believed that The Answer to everything will be amazingly simple. The E8 theory seems like a plausible solution, right? It is also so beautiful! Sometimes I wonder why didn't I come up with it? I mean, walking Maggie every day is the perfect opportunity to ponder the existence of things - while she is peeing on every branch and corner, I could totally think of something amazingly deep. Now, the reality is that it most likely won't happen, because even though I do ponder about things, they are usually pretty down-to-earth - what do I want to cook next Sunday, why does Maggie's fur change color, or why my web services are not working. I will try to think a little deeper next time. Depends how long Maggie will take to poop.

No comments: